Department of Philosophy, National Chengchi University, Taipei, Taiwan. Full-Time Faculty Position
The Department of Philosophy at National Chengchi University invites applications for appointments as Tenure Track Professor, Associate Professor or Assistant Professor (two posts), to commence on February 1, 2018.
Qualifications: Ph.D. in Philosophy or related fields. Applicants should be able to use Chinese and English as the medium of instruction.
1. Western Philosophy (moral, political and social philosophy preferred)
2. Western Philosophy (continental philosophy preferred)
Required Application Documents:
(1) Photocopy of Ph.D. diploma or certifying document. (Three copies)
(2) Transcript of Ph.D. program. (Three copies)
(3) Curriculum vitae. (Three copies)
(4) Ph.D dissertation and major publications within five years. (Three copies)
(5) Statement of research plans and sample syllabi. (Three copies)
(6) Two letters of recommendation.
* Applicants whose doctoral degrees were conferred by overseas universities should have their degrees and transcripts authenticated prior to application and present the photocopy of authenticated documents along with their diplomas and transcripts.
* Those who apply for associate professorship or full professorship are exempted from presenting transcripts.
* All the within-five-year publications presented should have been published; otherwise applicants should provide a statement indicating when the said paper will be published. Enclose reviewing statement, if any.
* The letters of recommendation should be sent directly from the writers to the address below prior to the deadline on August 15, 2017.
* The dossier will not be returned afterward.
Deadline: All application materials must be sent to the following address by no later than August 15 (Tuesday), 2017 by registered mail.
Department of Philosophy,
National Chengchi University,
No.64, Sec.2, Zhinan Rd., Wenshan Dist., Taipei City 116, Taiwan
Ms. Ting-yu Lu
Tel: 886-2-29393091 ext.62362